Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Hello friends!

I know I said I was going to lower the amount of recipes there would be ... but I am not going to abolish them completely! I still love creating new flavors to sing within our mouths ... I won't let a silly little budget stop me from doing that entirely! I plan on doing one to two recipes a week ... hopefully!

So this little number I bring to you tonight is absolutely fabulous! I know that soup season is just about over ... but I just had to post this ... besides ... who doesn't love a good chicken soup when they are sick ... and this one is perfect for that because it is easy and healthy ... win win! If you are looking for a super simple yet awesomely delicious recipe for chicken noodle soup look no further ... this soup may not contain homemade noodles and a lot of veggies ... but the rice and the chicken make it so filling and divine!

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup:




3 c. water
1 can chicken broth (14 ounce)
1 can reduced fat and reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
2/3 c. wild rice
1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 c. (aprox. three to four breast) chicken shredded
2 c. fresh chopped spinach

Shred Chicken. In crockpot combine all ingredients except for chicken and spinach. Cook on low for seven to eight hours or on high for three to four and a half hours. Right before serving add chicken and spinach.

Easy right! I told you you'd love it!!!

Have a good night my friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment