Thursday, May 30, 2013

Peanut Butter Crack

Here I sit watching million dollar listing in New York City ... and I am drooling. There is something about that city that has always held a certain amount of magic for me ... and holy cow ... what I wouldn't give to live there ... across from central park ... working somewhere business-y ... or an art gallery ... oooh ... an art gallery ... I could totally be Charlotte from Sex and the City ... except even a little more prudish (don't ask how I know this ... dark time ... TBS ... somewhat cleaner ... still no excuses ... guilty pleasure of the time). Whenever I had a fantasy as a child it was never to be the princess of a land far far away ... no ... it was to own a Manhattan penthouse with a vacation home in the Hamptons ... call me crazy ... I have never exactly been materialistic ... but I have always had that dream ... and I probably always will.

I cannot wait to go back again ... and again ... and again!

Anyway ... I should get back to the generally scheduled programming ... I said I was going to post an addictive recipe ... since it is getting late and i may or may not be falling asleep at the keyboard I really hope you are ready for this.

This recipe came to me from my beautiful mother in law ... it is for sure Rs favorite desert ... when I brought it down to good ol' San Antone it quickly became a new addiction for my fam ... the kicker is really that is only takes four ingredients and about ten minutes to make (did I tell you that it is no bake? becuase it is!) ... and oh ... wait until you feel that crunch in your mouth ... you will never want another no bake desert again ... I really hope you have braced yourself for this recipe. From the peanut-buttery smooth taste to the delectibly addictive crunch this desert with forever be known as:

Peanut Butter Crack!!


1 c. karo syrup
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. peanut butter
6 c. Special K (original)

Measure out Special K in a nice big bowl. In a sauce pan bring karo and brown sugar to a boil. As soon as it is boiling remove from heat and add peanut butter, you can put it back over the heat to fully melt the peanut butter. Once smooth pour over cereal and combine.  Spread out over tin foil ... or you can dollup it into cookies ... your choice.

Voila! Look how easy that was! Wait until you try them! You might even be able to pull off calling it a healthy treat considering the peanut butter and the special K ... yanno ... just so you can make it more often!

Alright friends ... my eyelids are barely open ... with that ... I bid you goodnight!

No comments :

Post a Comment