Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chicken Parmesan

Hey everyone!

Finally I am back on the recipe train! It helps that I asked R to play his xbox instead of the computer ... I am now able to blog! So ... why not jump back in with a bang as far as recipes go! I am super duper excited about this one is because it was my own recipe! I decided that I wanted to make Chicken Parmesan but didn't feel like making the same boring recipe of bread crumbs and Prego ... and so I decided to try something new ... totally worth it! Wait until you try it! This little puppy is packed with flavor ... so get excited for a party in your mouth:

Parmesan Chicken



bread crumbs:
1.5 slices bread (I used whole wheat)
2 tsp Italian seasoning (not the dried dressing ... the other stuff ... dried spices)
2 cloves garlic
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

sauce:
1.5  c. traditional Prego sauce (it's quicker that way)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Italian seasoning

3-4 chicken breasts
1 c. milk
1 tbsp olive oil
mozzarella cheese (as much as you want!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Throw all ingredients except for Parmesan cheese into food chopper (I minced the garlic first so it would be super fine). Chop until basically pulverized. Stir in Parmesan cheese and put on a plate. Stir together all ingredients for the sauce. Submerge chicken in milk then coat with breadcrumbs. Put oil in pan and heat on medium heat. Add chicken to pan to brown. Once browned put chicken in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. When your last five minutes of cooking hits take the chicken out and put sauce mixture and then mozzarella cheese over the chicken. Put chicken back in the oven and cook for remaining five minutes.  Enjoy!

yummy looking huh! We decided to go almost full blown Olive Garden Tour of Italy!
That's it! I hope you enjoy this episode as much as our family did! 

No comments :

Post a Comment