Monday, January 28, 2013

Lemon Chicken Pasta with Spinach

Hello friends!

I know it's hot topic Monday ... and I still might post after this one ... but I decided to do another recipe! This one was one I experimented with in Texas and it is so worth a post! For those who know me know that I really love the taste of lemon ... I mean ... there is this one chicken recipe ... That I seriously must post ... but holy crap ... it tasted like springtime ... I don't know how .... but it was good ... that's it ... it's decided ... I'll post it. But in the meantime ... I have this other lemon recipe that is fantastic (which I found here) ... and so I present:

Lemon Chicken Pasta with Spinach 




 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
4 chicken breasts (the original website has a recipe for adding yummy spices to chicken ... I didn't have all the ingredients ... and so I will just let you go there ... or make up a seasoning for your chicken!)
2 lemons, zested and juiced
3/4 c. half and half
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1 c. baby spinach (stems removed)
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken breasts and cut into chunks. Cook pasta as it says on box (set aside if it finishes before the rest of things in your skillet). Add oil, garlic and red pepper to a skillet and cook until the oil sizzles (7 to 10 minutes). Add juice of one lemon, half and half, and a ladle full of pasta water to the skillet. Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. Drain pasta and add to sauce along with lemon zest. Toss for a minute or two. Finally, add spinach and chicken and stir together. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment