Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Easy Chicken Over Pepper Salsa

Tonight I have a special treat ... you will have to check out my next post ... but I have to say ... it will be FABULOUS! But first ... here is yet another recipe to ... brought to you in part by the insistence of the hubby ... and Midwest Living. This recipe is loosely based around the one that I just linked ... due to the fact that I couldn't find blackened steak seasoning ... and ... well ... I'm picky ... so I just went with my gut as to what would taste good ... it seemed to work! Not only was this dish delicious and healthy but it was also beautiful ... and easy!! seriously .. you would not believe how ridiculously easy this is!

Easy Chicken over Pepper Salsa



4 chicken breasts
rotisserie chicken seasoning
Montreal steak seasoning 
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
cilantro
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 pack dry Italian dressing mix

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season chicken with both rotisserie and steak seasonings (to your hearts desire ... go a little lighter on the steak seasoning ... it't super salty). Place chicken into skillet and brown on either side (give it a nice sear). Put chicken into oven and cook for 15 minutes. While chicken is cooking cut up peppers and cilantro. In a bow whisk together vinegar, oil, cumin and dressing. Stir in peppers and cilantro. From here you just plate you chicken on top of your pepper salsa! 

See ... Easy! Are you dying yet? Well ... wait until you try it! 

No comments :

Post a Comment