Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lettuce Wraps

Dinner tonight = ultra exciting ... well ... for me at least ... tonight I made something of my own creation ... just went for it ... and ... again ... patting my own back ... it didn't turn out disgusting ... in fact it was positively edible! what was it you ask ... ok ... if you read the title I am going to call you a cheater and you will be immediately disqualified (no you don't win anything if you guess ... but cheating will be on your conscious forever) ... DRUM ROLL PLEASE ...............

Lettuce Wraps!!! (ok ... so R and I are trying to be more healthy ... sue us ... they are good!)


look at those bad boys! nice thing ... they only took about fifteen minutes (I had cooked my chicken last night)! You know you want the recipe ... so ill give it to you!

1 head of lettuce
3 chicken breasts
1 green bell pepper
1/2 white onion
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chicken stock
1 chicken bouillon cube (smashed up)
1 heaping tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika (maybe a little more than a tsp)
1 tsp seasonal salt
1 heaping tsp rosemary
parmesan cheese

Boil chicken then shred once cooled. Cut bell pepper and onion to bite size pieces. Mince onion. Saute onion and pepper in olive oil. After about two minutes add garlic and saute until garlic turns golden. Add chicken, chicken stock, and all spices. Cook for five minutes stirring constantly. Serve on a leaf of lettuce with parmesan cheese on top ... enjoy!

What's nice is that they are salty and fresh all at the same time!

OH! side note - do NOT try to break up the bouillon cube with your hands ... use the back of a knife or something ... or else your finger will turn out like mine did:

yes ... that is a blood blister on my thumb from trying to break up that stupid bouillon cube with my hands ... those suckers are tough!

No comments :

Post a Comment