Monday, November 12, 2012

Lasagna Rolls

Hola friends!

Tonight we had a fantastic dinner ... lasagna rolls! I Have never ever made homemade lasagna before ... I have heated up that Stouffers stuff ... which is pretty yummy ... but I have never made it from scratch. Even my daddy ... fabulous amazing chef that he is ... I can never remember him making lasagna (he makes ziti ... which I honestly thought he invented because out of everyone he cooked it for no one had ever heard of it when we were growing up [just a side note ... Olive Garden aint got nothin on my dad ... if you ever get the chance to taste his you will never be able to eat Olive Gardens again {I don't know how my sister does it} ... I'm going to post the recipe on here when I am down for Christmas ... when I get to take a picture of it ... we always make dad make it!]). Anyway ... so ... no lasagna ... but I have been noticing that lasagna rolls have been all the rage on pinterest as of late ... and I must admit they look so super delicious that I had to pin it ... not only pin it ... but try it! So that was our dinner!

Now, I wanted a classic lasagna roll ... and the Life as a Lofthouse blog provided that for me. It is super good! Tasted exactly like lasagna ... I will say that the cheese spread in the middle was a little bland ... I would add real garlic (two cloves) instead of garlic salt the next time make these. Anyhow, here is the recipe!

Lasagna Rolls: 



1/3 c. parmesan cheese
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 c. mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 tsp parsley (I used fresh ... I think that helped a lot)
1/2 tsp onion powder (I honestly didn't have this ... so I used cumin ... but its such a small amount you can't taste it really)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (I would substitute both powders and use two clove garlic, minced)
jar Prego spaghetti sauce (normal/medium size ... don't feel like getting up to see the ounces ... whoops)
1 lb ground beef (we used ground turkey)
9 lasagna noodles
1 c. mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix first seven ingredients, cover, and put into the fridge. Brown meat and then mix with sauce. Cook noodles. When cooked (usually takes about 8 minutes when being boiled) lay out on wax paper so they don't stick. Dump half the meat and sauce mixture into your baking dish. Spread cheese mixture into lasagna noodles, roll and put into baking dish. Dump the rest of the sauce over top of your noodles and top with cheese. Cook for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!

Hope you have a great evening! This will be my last post of the night, promise!

P.S. I know that my writing hasn't been on par as of late ... but I swear ... it is these stupid glasses! I don't know what it is! When I wear my glasses I am a slower thinker, and I am for sure not as smart ... I can't even think of ways to describe all the affects that it has on me ... ha ... all around I struggle when I wear these bad boys! Hopefully I will get out of them soon, I will find out on Wednesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment