Sunday, November 25, 2012

Update on the Combes ... has it really been a week?

Oh hey blogging community ... I'm back from my week long hiatus ... did you miss me? Who am I kidding ... or course you did!!!

So I should first do a catch up (since E still has yet to earn her first gift for her final fit throwing experiment ... cut some slack ... she was gone) ... It has been a whirl wind couple of weeks ... full of baking and family and nothingness.

Yanno what ... I don't even remember where I left off last time I blogged ... sheesh. I'll try my best to give you the highlights without overlapping what I have already told you.

So ... hmmmm ... Oh! So .. Es mom was unable to take her (Thanksgiving was her holiday to be with her mom) until Wednesday night ... That meant that since E didn't have ballet we were able to play the whole first part of the week ... and play we did! Look at E and R playing after he got home ...  I die:

Doesn't E look like a psycho killer ... love her

laughing ... not crying ... promise ... daddy was tickling her
We also got to meet our dear neighbors newest addition ... this is why we need a dog ... again ... I die:


Thanks so much Amanda and Emily for letting me get my fill of puppy-need for a day ... ok ... maybe it only satisfied me for the time I was there ... but one day our family will get there ... until then I hope you don't mind two frequent visitors to your humble abode.

Lucky for me I got to go on my first girl date since becoming a full time mommy ... and can I tell you ... It is probably something I will do much more frequently ... holy therapeutic ... holy fun! My dear wonderful old friend Karinne and I went for some hot cocoa and to a movie ... I just love her! Karinne, you should know that I love you! It is so easy to talk to you ... no matter how long we go without hanging out it always seems like yesterday when we finally get back together ... lets have a girl date again soon! P.S. if you are a full time stay at home mommy I highly suggest doing this if you don't already!

Thursday came and it was Thanksgiving! I have to say that this is one of my favorite holidays ... second only to fourth of July ... I'll explain that in July (people always look at me funny when I say that that is my favorite holiday). With Thanksgiving I love how people take the time to reflect on the blessings that they have in their life ... then Thanksgiving is usually with one of the most important blessings ever, family! This year Thanksgiving was spent with Rs dads family (remember we had our party with his moms side on Sunday) ... It was so fun ... I really do just love that family ... every last one of them ... they all make my heart happy! What has been even more fun is that Rs step sister Kaylee just got home from serving a full time mission for our church ... I may not have known her before ... well ... not too well ... but I have to say that getting to know her this week has been awesome! Kaylee ... you are an awesome amazing person and I am so glad that you are my sister in law! We are all so excited to have you home!

Not only did we get to see the combe-flints on Thursday ... but we also got to see them on Saturday and Sunday! Saturday was Bev's moms families ... phew ... annual breakfast ... yummy! Sunday was Kaylee's homecoming in church ... we had to leave a little early ... which was sad ... but we had to get home for our kiddo! Sadly I didn't get any pictures ... none ... at all ... sad ... I'll get better at taking pictures when the kiddo isn't present ... promise!

Oh! I didn't talk about Friday! Friday ... oh Friday ... it was like Heaven on earth ... we did nothing ... that't right ... nothing ... how many of you can say you did nothing? I bet very few of you! It was so glorious ... no obligations ... nothing planned ... nothing to do ... just a day full of nothingness ... I mean ... I don't mean to brag ... but there are so few days where you can just do nothing ... and I loved it. I was able to do things that I wanted to do ... I decorated my front porch (my only Christmas decorations of the year):


I  painted:

Not done ... not even close ... but it was so fun to paint!

I messed with some crazy make-up ... I'll save you from the pictures of that! Best of all I got to hang out with my hubby all day long! It has been so long since we have had a day just to us that I wouldn't change it for the world ... I didn't want it to end ... if I had a day that I could pull as a groundhog day I would make it this past Friday.

Anyway ... killer week right ... ha! Yeaaaaaa ... well ... it felt like it when we were in it!

Now we get to look forward to Christmas ... even better ... that we will be going to Texas to spend Christmas my my family ... three weeks and counting! I love the holiday season!

Ok ... well ... I think that this was enough word vomit for one night!

I think I am going to establish Monday as a hot topic day ... I have something else to talk about being a step-mom ... and hopefully by Tuesday E will have earned her present ... and so I can then finally finish my fit throwing experiment! So ... be prepared for that this week!

No comments :

Post a Comment